Bashari was born and raised on Ohlone and Chochenyo land (Oakland, California) where she currently lives with her husband and 7-year-old son. She has been interested in the connection between the body and nature since she was a young child. This curiosity has propelled her study of diverse styles of dance as well as multiple holistic healing modalities. This experience informs her work with clients and allows her to better perceive the subtle shifts and energetic changes that occur within the body. Bashari holds a B.A. in International Studies and Performance Art. She later graduated from Mount Madonna Institute as an Ayurvedic Health Counselor in 2014 and completed her Masters in Ayurveda in 2022. Bashari has a background in community centered health education and has facilitated workshops and events for youth and adults for many years.
Bashari is called to focus her practice in the area of women’s health, reproductive justice and supporting mothers and babies. This passion stemmed from her own journey and struggles accessing women’s health care within allopathic medicine. From amenorrhea (the absence of a period) to a healthy pregnancy to postpartum healing her questioning and inner knowing was dismissed by western medicine. She survived a traumatic birth experience and obstetric
violence. She believes we must face our trauma in order to release it and that It is through connection to nature, the divine, ritual, meditation and beloved community that we heal.
Bashari now supports women to incorporate the wisdom of Ayurveda as they move through the rites of passage that are menarche, motherhood and menopause. She is grateful for the opportunity to be transformed by this work.
- M.A. in Ayurveda, Mount Madonna Institute College of Ayurveda, 2022
- Apprenticeship with Dr. Rucha Kelkar, Ayurbliss 2021
- Apprenticeship with Dr. Vivek Shanbhag, Natural Medicine & Ayurveda 2021
- INNATE Traditions Postpartum Care Certification Training 2020
- Ayurvedic Bodywork Apprenticeship with Ayurvedic Practitioner Martin Lemke 2014
- Ayurvedic Health Counselor Certificate Program, Mount Madonna Institute College of Ayurveda, 2012
- Yearly workshops and Clinical Observation with Dr. Sarita Shresta
- Ayurvedic Educator & Clinical Practice 10 years
- Yoga and Meditation personal practice 17 years
- B.A. in International Studies and Art, New College of California, 2007
- Youth Development work and group facilitation, 2007-2016
- Dance and movement teacher and performer, 2000- 2015
- Mother to an amazing, sweet, inquisitive 7 year old son, 2016
2023 Session 2
Soothe Your Nervous System with Ayurvedic Herbal Allies & Nourishing Self Care, part 1 beginning/intermediate
Soothe Your Nervous System with Ayurvedic Herbal Allies & Nourishing Self Care, part 2 beginning/intermediate
Ayurvedic Womb Care - Cultivate, Reclaim, Give Reverence beginning